Even when we have Forgotten

I will REMEMBER the covenant I made with you..........Genesis 9:15
Even when we have forgotten.......

As a little girl in a ruffled dress, lace socks, bows tied in her hair, I made a promise.  All I knew was that JESUS loved me and the Bible told me everything I needed to know about that love.  SO WILD and free and consuming is that love when you're young.
pure *UNADULDERATED* joy..........
untouched by heartache.  untouched by darkness.  

EVENTUALLY.....because we live in this fallen world.....we will know pain.  We will feel betrayal.....we may even be the betrayer.  We will taste bitterness.  Without fail we will know weariness and be asked to continue to fight.  We will know loss and experience the depths of grief.  We will be let down and we will let others down.  We will have to confront our fears and doubts in the face of unforeseen circumstances and have to decide if what we KNOW and believe about the Truth of God's word is enough......

Eventually.....that JOY....that innocence....that covenant we made with Him long ago seems care-worn, bruised, sometimes shattered.  
Then....*eventually* turns into *suddenly*......
and suddenly WE.HAVE.FORGOTTEN.  

We have forgotten those days.  Those days when GOD was ENOUGH.
Those days when we KNEW that if GOD would just...and *WHEN HE DOES*......then everything would be okay.  Those days when we wait....and He does......


We have forgotten that He knew us (and LOVED us at our worst).
That He had ideas about us LONG before we could even BEGIN to imagine the HOPE and FUTURE He had planned for us.  We have forgotten that the One who can turn a King's heart is still in touch with ours.  He is NEVER surprised.  
When the earth crumbles beneath our feet, our Heavenly Father does not FLINCH.  Because He knew.....and He KNOWS......
and HE. REMEMBERS........
He made a promise and He intends to keep it.

Hear me when I say......He will do whatever it takes...whatever He has to do.... to hold on to you.
Even if you've wandered into the darkest places.
He sees.  He knows.  He remembers.    






Psalm 139

I can never escape from your Spirit!

    I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
    if I go down to the grave,  you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
    if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 
even there your hand will guide me,
    and your strength will support me.


When you've forgotten your way.  He knows.  He sees.  He remembers.
When you've forgotten where you've come from and don't know where you're headed. He knows.  He sees.   He remembers.  

Do you think a GOD who would go through so much effort to RESCUE you and *SECURE* that HOPE He intended for YOU long ago is about to let you go NOW? 

He made a promise....and if He has to follow you to the ends of the earth........HE WILL.
Because He sees.  He knows.  He remembers.  

He will not forget the promises He made to you.
Even when we have.
In this world our faith WILL be tested.
We may by all accounts, weary from the battle, give way to doubt and give in to fear.
But REMIND yourself this morning......

He sees.  He knows.  and HE remembers.
Even wen we've forgotten.  And He is holding on to you and is NOT about to let you go.  He will sustain you.....even there.
 


Comments

Popular Posts