Discerning the Seasons

If you're struggling to find peace in this season you find yourself in then maybe you need to SEE things through Someone else's eyes.  
I found myself in the middle of a less than desirable season.  
It was lonely.
It was uncomfortable.
There was so much change.  
I squirmed.  I complained.  I felt agitated.  
I remember saying to my pastor, mentor and friend over lunch one day...."This is the loneliest place I've ever found myself in."  She quickly and confidently said, "This is not loneliness.  This is transition."  


Tomato. ToMAHto.  
I didn't like it.
But as soon as she said that I KNEW.  
I just knew.
God was here too.
God was at work.
Preparing me.  Reshaping me.  Undoing things that needed to be undone.
Confirming things that needed to be confirmed.  Sharpening my focus and shaping my vision.  Fueling my faith and passion.  

And until I let Him finish the work {HERE} I would either stay here indefinitely or transition into another season with something missing.  
I immediately found peace in knowing that I was right where I was supposed to be.  
Discerning the seasons.
It's so important to finding peace and contentment in whatever season you may find yourself.  
There is a time to be silent and listen.
A time to speak.
A time to live and a time to die
A time to move and a time to just be still.
A time to build up and a time to tear down.
Sometimes it's uncomfortable.  But change is necessary.  Change is inevitable.  
But there is ONE constant.  
GOD. IS.  GOOD.
and God's got BIG plans for you.
His grace will sustain you in ALL of your seasons but He specializes in making all things new.  Spring from winter.  Life from death.  Something beautiful from ashes.  Always moving you forward into that hope and future He planned for you long ago.
Peace will come when you can surrender to {NOW} knowing that He is just as present and at work {HERE} as He is tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular Posts