All THIS for a King! :)

This morning I had been listening to David Crowder's song, "O Praise Him (All this for a king)"
Turn your ear
To Heaven and hear
The NOISE inside
The sound of angels awe
The sound of angels songs
And all this for a King
We could join and sing
'All to Christ our King!'

I was just TRYING to fathom.....(and I say TRYING to...because it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to fully comprehend) the incredible and overwhelming awesomeness of God and His Son Jesus!! Even Creation praises Him....all throughout scripture it speaks of creation praising the name of the Lord.

Throngs of angels continually sing around the throne, "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty"

Psalms 148 talks of ALL of creation praising the name of the Lord!!!! ALL of it! Created for His glory!
But in vs. 13-14 it says : Let them (US) praise the name of God—
it's the ONLY Name worth praising!!!!!!!!!
His radiance EXCEEDS anything in earth and sky;
he's built a monument—his very own people!
Praise from all who love God!
Israel's children, intimate friends of God!!!

The CREATOR of this awesome universe!!!!!!! The one who set things in place in SUCH order and so intricately that we don't even question IF the sun will come up in the morning.
Or if summer will come after spring. Or if the birds will know how to find food. SUCH perfection! SUCH a GRAND and awesome creation He has established! And this awesome God...THIS perfect, HOLY, AWESOME God calls US....intimate friends. ME?!?!? I.....am......HIS....intimate friend!!!!!

I can't even wrap my MIND around the concept that this GOD....this Holy, awesome, INCREDIBLE, God---who has the POWER to create and sustain the universe...calls me....his intimate friend.

I come to Him...in His perfect Holiness...so IMperfect....so broken....just as I am. Just me. Nothing spectacular. Nothing flashy. No ceremony necessary. Just as I am...I can approach the Throne of the King of Kings Himself!

The more I know Him. The more I am aware of how little I KNEW Him. He's too grand for me to ever fully understand. And yet He LONGS for us to know Him...intimately....as a friend. As children. Sometimes we come to Him....cool and indifferent..... Without that feeling of WONDER.... Forgetting how awesome He truly is.
But yet we also come to Him and forget HOW much He loves us. How HE is just as captivated with US as we are HIM!!!!!!! We're afraid to come into His presence. Thinking we're not worthy. Thinking we have to BE something we're NOT in order to be WORTHY to be in His presence.
We've BEEN made worthy to be in His presence. He MADE us worthy. He is EAGERLY anticipating our arrival into His courts!!!! Think about what people had to go through to even be in the king's PRESENCE!!!!! All the steps they had to go through to approach the king! We don't have to go through all that...nor do we have to slink into His presence....we can come BOLDLY into the THRONE of grace. (Hebrews 4:16)

ALL this for a KING!
And yet....He calls me His friend!!

Comments

Popular Posts