Daddy SAID so



Yesterday I was not feeling well. Thinking that a brisk walk would do me some good...I took my daughter with me and we went to the park.  After a few laps around the track my head felt dizzy and I began to feel too weak to walk.  I sat down and she asked me if I was feeling sick.  I told her I wasn't feeling very well and before I could say another word she asked me if she could pray for me.  She laid her precious little hands on me and prayed the purest, most honest, confident prayer I ever heard her pray.  It was short.  It was simple.  

But it was BOLD. 
She finished with a hearty AMEN.  I thanked her.  She matter of factly said, "You're welcome!  Now you will be better."  And she walked off and left me to play on the playground.

Case closed.  
Matter settled.

I had to smile.  I thought of the beauty of the faith of a child.  There was no doubt in her mind that God would answer her little prayer.  Her words reach the very heart of God and He is moved on behalf of them.
By her words no less than by YOURS or anyone else's.  


That is why God asks us to come to Him as little children.  With confident unwavering hope.  Bold Daring Belief.  In need of Him.  Not always having the answers we are looking for.  Not always understanding.  But going to Him, walking with Him, hand in hand, like a little child and finding peace and rest in KNOWING Him.  That His Word will never fail.  Being confident believing that because Daddy said so.....that's enough!    

He gets the last Word.  Case closed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Becky It is so wonderful that your husband is such a good father and Husband to you. It can be seen so plainly in all your photos.I love and enjoy all your posts. LA

Popular Posts