There's no crying in FOOTBALL!

We were playing football one day---adults AND kids. At EVERY play (without fail) there was some little rooter crying.  I am sure that I said a half dozen times or MORE----"THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOOOOTBAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!"    It began to get rather ridiculous....but hilarious at the same time.   

After that night though every now and then when my children would get over-emotional....I would say that...and we all would laugh (or they would get frustrated with me and I would laugh!!!! HAHA :)) 

Today my husband walked in the door and I collapsed in his arms. He patted me on the back and said, "Aww it's okay....just cry it out. cry it out."   Yes.  I did want to cry.  I was tired.  Instead I heard my own voice resonating loudly in my head and I burst out laughing and said-----"what?!?!?------THERE'S NO CRYING IN  FOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!"

It's a tough game. But we're in it to win. Gotta have our heads in the game at all times...and if we're tackled....get back up again and keep playing. Advancing one play at a time until we reach the end zone. And when you feel weary and discouraged? Just tell yourself, "There's NO crying in FOOOOTBALL!!!" and keep playing! :) 

  Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed—that exhilarating finish in and with God—he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!  Hebrews 12:2-3

Comments

Anonymous said…
One I somehow missed!! I love this one! No crying in football...PERFECT!! Just like you! :D Love you banananananana bunches!
Anonymous said…
I love you Becky...I go here often and read your blogs. Finally, you are writing somewhere that you can touch others. I use your themes to build devotionals around in our ladies group when I occasionally have to lead a program. You still touch my heart as you've done since you were 15! aka Mammamayo

Popular Posts