Tear Down the Walls

Tear down the walls 
see the world
Is there something we have .............*missed*
Turn from ourselves
Look *beyond*............
There is so much more than this



 I cannot tell you how many times I have aimlessly........mindlessly............purposelessly wandered through a crowd of people.....be it at the grocery store...or wherever I am........oblivious to the people around me.   Lost in my own little world of thoughts.....I don't even hear the noises around me. 

.............................................and I missed it.

The opportunity to be the hands and feet and voice of God.   Those opportunities are there at every turn.  Because at every turn?  Is a face......and behind their eyes is a searching.  Begging for answers......a cry for *HOPE*.......desperate for SOMEthing that will point them to a GREATER purpose.  People with REAL hurts.  REAL questions.  People aching to know that there is more to life than what they are experiencing.   More to what surrounds them.  Wanting to know that they're not alone.

And here I have been.........................so lost in the things that concern me.   Consumed with my own opportunities.  Consumed with the things that make ME cry.  The things that pain MY heart.    
Stuck here.       
Begging God to have pity............................................on me?

Beyond myself.
...................Beyond these walls.  
What I have been missing?! 

I think of Jonah.
Overlooking Nineveh there he sits.  *OBLIVIOUS* to the bigger picture.
 The only heartbeat he can hear is HIS.  Beyond that hill lies an ENTIRE city of people needing hope.    
............... And God's heart beats towards the people of Nineveh.
 

Colossians 3:1-4  So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.

LOOK up............................look beyond.
Open your eyes.
My heart is suddenly heavy.  SO heavy.

We complain about PEOPLE.
We pick on PEOPLE.
Treat them as inconvenient and in the way.
We pick them apart till there's nothing left.
.....................................................and we've missed it.

I'm sitting here crying......wondering how many times....................I've missed it.
An opportunity to love on someone.  To give of myself.  To bless another human being....who is not unlike myself at all.  In need of a Savior.
In need of Hope. 

My children know (and have commented to the fact) that I meet no strangers.
It doesn't matter where I am......if I pass someone I almost always make some sort of comment....stop and have a conversation if I can............if not anything else but give a smile.  Why?
Cause there's something DIFFERENT they see in me.  Something that might perhaps point them to what they've been searching for all this while.  
Oh they'll see it.
It's called HOPE.
And Hope lives in me.  
It's called PEACE.
And Peace surrounds me.  Peace governs my life.
It's called JOY.  
It's a JOY that cannot be found in this life as it is.............

Courage.  Strength.  Love.  Grace. 
Goodness.

People's entire world as they know it is crumbling around them.  They've got nothing left to stand on.  Needing to KNOW and EXPERIENCE that God is something REAL.....something TANGIBLE
.....that's He's not beyond their reach.
A God who would meet them............................just...where...they....are.
Just.....as....they.....are.

.......................I hear Him say to me.
GET up and OPEN your eyes.
Be about what I've created you to do.
TEAR DOWN THE WALLS

Whatever that wall is that has caused you to miss it.
That has caused you to NOT see.
Prejudice
Pride
Selfishness
Disobedience
Apathy
Indifference
The walls that keep you from touching....ministering......reaching............

Open your eyes.....your heart....your ears........your door......
Look beyond.....yourself. 

....................oh, I know weary.

There have been mornings that I just didn't think I had it in me to keep going.
Mornings that I wished I could just lay down my guns and quit fighting....cause I didn't think I could fight another day for MYSELF-----let alone for a world BEYOND myself.
Days that the things that ached my heart were so great that I couldn't move.
.............we are all having to LIVE life.....though our world seems to crumble beneath our feet.............................we have ANSWERS.
We have hope.  We have Peace.  We have Something SECURE and IMMOVABLE  UNSHAKABLE to STAND on.

.................It is what is beyond these walls....beyond myself.......that compels me to keep moving.  CHOOSING to see..................see beyond myself.

Suddenly aware.....it's not about me.  None of it is.

You can sit there and watch it all happen and miss it.
Or you can get UP...tear down the walls....look beyond.... and be a part of the greatest Story ever told!



Tear down the walls see the world
Is there something we have missed
Turn from ourselves
Look beyond
There is so much more than this

And I don’t need to see it to believe it
I don’t need to see it to believe it
Cause I can’t shake this
Fire deep inside my heart

Look to the skies hope arise
See His majesty revealed
More than this life there is love
There is hope and this is real

Cause I don’t need to see it to believe it
I don’t need to see it to believe it
Cause I can’t shake this fire burning
Deep inside my heart

This life is Yours and hope is rising
As Your glory floods our hearts
Let love tear down these walls
That all creation would
Come back to You
It’s all for You

Your Name is glorious
Glorious
Your love is changing us
Calling us
To worship in spirit and in truth
As all creation returns to You

Oh for all the sons and daughters
Who are walking in the darkness
You are calling us to lead them back to You
We will see Your spirit rising
As the lost come out of hiding
Every heart will see this hope we have in You

Cause I don’t need to see it to believe it
I don’t need to see it to believe it
Cause I can’t shake this fire burning
Deep inside my heart

This life is Yours and hope is rising
As Your glory floods our hearts
Let love tear down these walls
That all creation would
Come back to You
It’s all for You

Your Name is glorious
Glorious
Your love is changing us
Calling us
To worship in spirit and in truth
As all creation returns to You

Comments

I like this one Becky. It is pretty insightful. It made me think. Good one friend!

Popular Posts