Christ's love compels us......................

I cannot TELL you how many times I've heard those words over the last few weeks.
And I heard it again yesterday---TWICE.

Christ's love compels us...............2 Corinthians 5:14


It compels me....motivates me.....urges me.
Compel means to exert a strong irresistible force.  To overpower. 
It is now necessary and of utmost importance for me--------

Once we have experienced the sacrificial and perfect love of Jesus for ourselves........there will be no greater calling we have than to share that love.  To give it away.   Freely.  Enthusiastically.  Passionately.  Eagerly.  There should be a anxiousness in our spirits that everyone should experience that same Amazing Grace....that same passionate love.  The Hope that comes from knowing the Truth.
'
It's that LOVE that compels us.  That compassion. 

I was walking at the park one day listening to my music.  I wasn't really paying attention to any of the lyrics because I was lost in my thoughts.....and through my thoughts -loud and clear- I heard one line in particular that caused me to stop walking.

"Now that I see You ....I know Your love commands my soul."

...............and then I came to the end of the song.........."Open your eyes...and tell everyone."

Now that I have heard and have seen and have experienced.....there's no greater purpose I have than to share it.  Nothing could compel me more.....than the love I have experienced. 
I remember looking up that day and the sky was so blue and clear and I had tears running down my face because I realized that what I have seen is ENOUGH to compel me to GO....and tell everyone.  (Mark 16:15)

Now that we have seen Him and KNOW Him.........that love.....all that we have experienced.....it commands our souls.   It calls us.  And if what you have seen and experienced is not compelling you then maybe you need to SEE Him in a way you've never seen Him before.  Because I will tell you..............................there is no greater love.  What He did....for me.  Seeing Him.

And now it is necessary for me to be His voice.  His hands.  His feet.  And GO.
Wherever it is I find myself-----to be a light.  That my life shows evidence of a God who gave it all.  It certainly should change the way we look at people. They are no different than me.  In need of a Savior.  In need of grace.  In need of hope.  Just needing to know a LOVE that won't let them down.  How will they know----how will THEY see-----unless we tell them?
And now that WE have seen.....and know-------Christ's love compels us.

How are we spending our time?!?!?!?  What are we DOING!?!??!
Oh, God open our eyes to see beyond----to what we are missing!
To see what you see!  Make our hearts ache with the same compassion and mercy that
put Jesus on that cross and give us the boldness and courage to make it a priority
to share the Greatest Story Ever Told!

2 Corinthians 5:14-15  For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.


Open Your Eyes-Desperation Band

I see You hanging there.  Blood stained and freedom in Your hands.
I see amazing grace.  Agony and passion on Your face.

Now that I see You I know Your love commands my soul.
Now that I know You I see....there's No One else for me.

I see you standing here....Scarred hands of hope have been revealed.
I see you took my place.......What was meant for me has been erased.


Open your eyes!!! look to the skies. 
The King of love. The King of Heaven.

Tell everyone.  Your daughters and sons.
The King of Love.  The King of Heaven.


                                                     

Comments

Popular Posts