Pick a team and COMMIT




I ENJOY football!  I enjoy the game. And I watch by my own rules!  My house rules:  unless it's the GA Bulldogs, Atlanta Falcons or Pittsburgh Steelers I can cheer on whichever team I choose all the way through to the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter. I'm never disappointed and whatever the outcome....my team won!  :)  I'm just having a good time but there's a very relevant truth that came to light when I finally decided to pick a team and commit instead of switching my loyalties all the way through. The closer it came time for Superbowl I decided that for once maybe I needed to "pick a team and commit".  I'd done my homework....I could pick a team and "win-or-lose" cheer them on all the way through to the finish. 

Elijah confronted the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18:21...... "How long will you go back and forth between two opinions?"  How long will you sit on the fence?  Either go with GOD or don't.  Either you believe Him or don't.  Either you surrender ALL and follow Him.  Or you don't follow Him at all.  Make up your minds here and now."  (paraphrased by me for emphasis) 

Joshua said the same thing to the Israelites in Joshua 24:15  But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.  AS FOR ME?------I WILL SERVE THE LORD. Choose HIM and no doubt you'll have chosen the WINNING side!!!!!! :)  Choose wisely.  It's time to pick a side.  And stick with it....all the way through to the last play.
Through every play. 
Every call. 
Every flag. 
Every penalty. 
Every touchdown. 
Every fumble. 
Every interception. 
Every interference. 
Every offensive move. 
Every defensive move. 
.................................................................................Down the last second.

with ENTHUSIASM, CONVICTION and PURPOSE.  And give it ALL you got!!!!  

...............ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!?!!  WHOOP!  WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts