Just as I AM

Both Peter *AND* Judas walked with Jesus. They BOTH experienced Him. They BOTH came to KNOW Him. They both saw the miracles and heard His teachings.

....And they *BOTH* turned away. They BOTH betrayed him.

One returned with a repentant heart. One became consumed by guilt and hung himself. The other returned to follow Jesus. Jesus died for BOTH of them. 



We can either accept the EXTRAVAGANT and expensive price He paid for our life and return to the Lord with repentant hearts or refuse it. 

The sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

 2 Corinthians 7:10
Judas' sin led him to the grave. Peter's sin led him to the feet of Jesus.
We can either run FROM Him or run TO Him....just as we are. And we will find whatever it is that we are in NEED of. He died for YOU. He died for ME. He died for Peter. He died for Judas.


This is the beauty of God's grace:
He can take a mess that I'VE made...a hurt that was self-inflicted.....
whether through disobedience, misjudgements, or mistakes.....and redeem it ALL.

It's what we DO with this incredible GRACE that will determine our freedom.



"I come broken to be mended
I come wounded to be healed
I come desperate to be rescued
I come empty to be filled
I come guilty to be pardoned
By the blood of Christ the Lamb
And I'm welcomed with open arms
Praise God, just as I am."


 

Comments

Popular Posts