Merry Christmas and Here's to Many More......

This year has been a year of incredible heartache.  The kind of heartache that interrupts life, knocks you off your feet and leaves your head spinning.  But it's also been one of incredible GRACE.  Tremendous peace and clarity.  I see how many ways God prepared us for this season of our lives.  How He's taken me (and my children) under His wings and given us the GRACE to not just ENDURE this season but to EMBRACE it. 

I heard a Christmas song by Reliant K. It was God's gift to me. I'd never heard it before and as I was listening to the lyrics I was overwhelmed by GRACE...and HOPE.
"I made it through the year and I did not even collapse. Gotta say "Thank God for that."-----that was the first sentence of the whole song.

I *KNOW* this....whatever we face.....no matter how deep the grief it cannot consume us. There is no heartache so deep that the Grace of God cannot reach it. "What would have become of me if I were not convinced I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living." (Psalms 27:13) And His goodness----I have SEEN. In countless ways.

The entire song was MY heart....
And I came to this phrase:
"It's Christmas and I'm finally home....and the closest friends I've ever known are all inside singing together....Singing merry Christmas, here's to many more."
I thought of all of the beautiful people God has placed in my life. I am COVERED. Surrounded. People who were there at a moment's notice. For WHATever. And I say "Thank you" to those of you who have stuck it out with me through so many seasons. My darkest and my brightest. Who have never given up on me.
"Living out my days alone had been my deepest fear but You promised You won't leave" ..........And so I am grateful for HOPE. For PROMISE. For GRACE. And most of all that I have His WORD that He would never leave me nor forsake me. Grateful to God who is FAITHFUL....and for His love that never fails me.
"I look towards the east and see a star
Jesus Christ, has blessed my life to know just who You are
You are my hope"
*****Strike up the band and play the tune
'Cause Christmas will be hear and soon......
You'll hear our song in every room" :):):)
I will be singing again one day....a NEW song. And you will hear it in every room of my home.
I am grateful for what lies behind me and look forward to 2014 and what is in store for me and my family.


Years ago the Lord gave me *THIS* verse for my family
"Our mouths were filled with laughter and our tongues with songs of JOY....and it was said among the people, "Look at what the Lord has done for them!"
and to that I say "Yes...the LORD has done GREAT things for us and we are filled with JOY." Psalm 126:2-3

Comments

Popular Posts