The Brokenhearted


No matter how I look at it pain is simply a place where my own will has been broken.  Whether I'm hurt or angry ....it all comes from the same place.  I have had to surrender my own will to something else.  Whether things didn't go the way I thought they should, things didn't go MY way, or I didn't get what I thought I needed or wanted. 
.....and I. Am. Brokenhearted.





NEVERTHELESS not MY will but YOURS be done.  

You will find no greater example of a fixed determination to chase after the will of God than that of JESUS. He sought after, chased after ....all the way to the finish..... the will of His Father.  Do you think it was EASY for Jesus to surrender His will in that final moment?  The GREATEST test of all.  Laying down His life....because the Father willed it.  "Father if it be possible...let this cup pass from me.  NEVERTHELESS not MY will but YOURS be done."  As much as He was in a war with His own flesh He traded up.  His will for His Father's.
............................and in His death PROVED a very RELEVANT Truth.  (Matthew 16:25)


....."HE WHO GIVES HIS LIFE WILL FIND IT." 


They didn't TAKE His life.  He surrendered it.  (John 10:18)  ......and on the other side of His surrender He found life.  

In every believer's life there will come that defining moment when obedience will overrule your own personal desires.  When the SPIRIT will become more important than the FLESH.  And when the GLORY of GOD displayed is more important than our own GLORY, our own DESIRES and our own short sighted will.  

He became obedient to death......................

 



Nevertheless not MY will....but yours be done.  When all of US that's not of HIM is put to death and our own will is broken in place of The Father's will.  On the other side of our brokenness we will find LIFE. That place where your own will is surrendered is where you will find His will bringing you into something MORE redemptive and something FAR GREATER than you could have ever imagined.

It's a BRILLIANT trade off!

Comments

Popular Posts