Forgetting What's Behind and Reaching Forward

Why look for the living among the dead? 
He is not here. 
He is risen!

You want to hear something amazing?
The Lord spoke those words to me 3 days before my husband passed away.
About leaving what's dead behind.
We were meant to live an abundant life. 
To wallow in the graveyard of yesterday's mistakes and disappointments is to reject the gift of grace and the NEW things God is doing TODAY. 
Then the morning after he went home I saw a vision of Mary with the resurrected Jesus.
I heard those words again. As if He were in that very room with me "Why look for what's LIVING among those things already behind you."
I know that the Lord was trying to teach me something very important. If we are not careful... we will spend all of our time living in regret. Mistakes. Disappointment. grief.
It will paralyze you.
Keep you from moving forward.
But if we will embrace what God is doing today. The gifts of today. Then we can live in the abundance of the life he is provided for us.

Such PROMISE awaits those who can understand what the Apostle Paul meant when he said "forgetting what is behind I reach forward."
Don't spend your life living in the graveyard of yesterday. Leave what's dead and gone behind. He says "behold I am doing a new thing!" 

So forgetting what is behind... We press on.

Comments

Popular Posts