Where Do I Fit in This World?

Have you ever asked the question, "where do I fit in this world?"
I have.

More so in the last year than I ever have.
What is this supposed to look like now that my husband is gone?
Where do I belong?
What am I supposed to be doing?
I will admit I have really struggled with that question.
But one thing... one critical thing... I had overlooked. 


Maybe where I belong is right 
where I am. 

Doing what I am doing. 
Maybe things are supposed to look like they do in this moment here. 

I doubt Esther ever imagined the things that God had in store for her to do. I'm sure she never saw herself standing before a king having to make such a bold request. 

Maybe our purpose lies in our ordinary day to day responsibilities... Not ever fully knowing or understanding Gods purposes and plans that are unfolding as we are faithful in the little things.  Faithful with NOW. We have lofty thoughts and ideas about how we think God should use us. But we forget that in the ordinary everyday life we have great purpose. Great meaning. 

Sometimes our greatest callings are right under our noses. Kissing boo boos. Doing laundry. Cleaning house. Sitting down with our children and teaching them the Word of God. Sharing the gospel with those people that God places in our path. Doing what we do every day. Being faithful with the things we have been given.

 And one day... we will look behind us and see that God had us right where he wanted us. One day we may find ourselves standing before kings. But the will of God is unfolded one day at a time one step at a time. 

You were born for such a time as THIS moment. 
Leave tomorrow in God's hands and be faithful with TODAY.

Comments

Popular Posts