Saying {YES} to this Moment

Wander lust.
1000 places to see before you die.
100 things to do before it's too late.
Any moment but here.
Any place but this one.
Climbing mountains. Taking in beauty that just can't be found here.
Dreaming of a life different from the one we've been given.
 

As if life is a hand of cards we are dealt that we can choose to play or fold.
The push for tomorrow ... or our clenching of both fists tightly to the gifts of yesterday.....and missing out on today.
Because this?
                    

{This} is not what I want.


Have I somehow with those words of fairytale dreams

.........pushed away the hand of God?



I admit I have a {list}.
Waiting. Hoping.
For those take - my - breath - away moments of finally being able to cross it off my list. 
*BUT*...........I. Am. Here.
I.
Am.
HERE.
Those words echo in my mind.
Am I really?
Am I fully here? Not just to breathe the air around me as a spectator in the stands watching a show of which I am not a part....
But am I present?
Fully embracing THIS life. THIS day. THIS moment here.
We cope by dreaming and hoping.  A hope for escape.
We put FAITH in a promise of tomorrow hoping the best is in front of us.
..........But doesn't goodness and mercy *FOLLOW* me?
                         ALL. THE. DAYS. of my life?
In ALL of my days.
In the mess.
In the struggles.
In the sinfulness of my humanity.
Goodness isn't an elusive dream just up ahead that I am relentlessly pursuing.

GRACE is HERE.
Goodness is HERE.
Peace is HERE.
NOW.
It follows me. Wave after wave of GRACE and GOODNESS.
These moments need God-perspective.
If only we could see God Himself in this moment here....it would take our breath away.
God is good.
And every moment God IS.........is GOOD.

Am I willing to be HERE???
To appreciate what's behind me, yes.
To anticipate the GOOD ahead of me.
But to fully embrace this moment no matter what the moment holds?
If I am willing .... I will see woven through these present moments gifts of grace. Gifts of Goodness. and evidence of a sovereign God who's intentions for me are ALWAYS good In EVERY moment. 



 
Gratitude for this moment.
Maybe THAT is fully living.
Being FULLY here. Fully alive in the abundant life we've been given HERE. Embracing the gifts we HAVE been given. Finding the beauty HERE.

Learning the {secret} to living in EVERY situation.  {CONTENTMENT} Philippians 4:11-13





"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

Comments

Popular Posts