To the one who is just....tired.

To the one who is just TIRED.
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it." Matthew 11:28-30
How did He do it?
Rest in the chaos.
Peace in the storm.
Not bound by fear.
Not moved by opposition. 
Focused. Determined. Unmoved by popular opinion. Not threatened by competition. Secure. Confident.
He knew Who He was, where He came from and where He was headed. 
He extended Grace to the most undeserving.
He walked in Peace.  He didn't compare. Compete. Judge. He didn't walk in unforgiveness.
He refused to play games with the devil. He *simply* responded with the Word.
*SIMPLY*
"Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30
Oh to live simply.
Live light.
Every day disrupted by distractions.
....interrupted by unforseen circumstances.
Bombarded by opinions. 
The pressure to conform.  
Compare. 
Living with the weight of sin and unforgiveness. 
The weight of mistakes and the realization that I just can't measure up.  
To who? To what?
What am I comparing myself to? What the latest article says about how I should manage my home? How Mary JANE down the street can juggle soccer practice, ballet, orchestra,  church events, getting her weekly manicure, all the while keeping her home organized and clean without breaking a sweat?
We look to the ones around us to either excuse or justify our own lives.  Who's holding those scales?
Life is messy.
Life can be loud.
I have forgotten that His Grace has made me free from all that should weigh me down. I've become bitter. Exhausted. Juggling too many things trying to keep one step ahead for fear that I will drop a ball and watch every thing crash around me.
....If only I could learn to let go.
Learn to lean on Him and be honest.  With Jesus and with myself.
I'm not superwoman.
My kids don't need a supermom. They need a mom who depends on a SUPER God.
It is in these moments.
When I'm tired and stretched to my limits that I need to let go of those burdens I was never meant to bear.

Learn from Jesus.
Learn His way.
You'll find no chaos there.
Peace has a name. The name is Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts