Saying {YES} to God When we don't Understand

How OFTEN my children want a reason *WHY*.
My very FIRM and purposeful response is that I am not obligated to give a reason....their job is to TRUST that I see things they cannot see, know things they do not know and they would do well to just OBEY without needing to know WHY.    I could explain to them the logic behind my decision but oftentimes I choose NOT to....because I just want them to TRUST me, that I know best.  I want them to OBEY without reason whether they understand or not.  

Can you TRUST and follow a GOD who is not obligated to explain His ways to you?  

Can you follow when you are uncertain of what might lie ahead?

Shortly after my husband died, one of mine, (who was supposed to be sound asleep) came upstairs and asked me, "Does God answer EVERY one's prayers?"
I hesitated.
It was a loaded question. I  knew.
Why else was he still lying in bed, thoughts swirling in his head, heavy things stirring in his heart?

(The only answer I had to give him...."Answer with the WORD".)  


"Baby. His Word says, "This is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (*in agreement with His own plan*), He listens to and hears us.  And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him." 1 John 5:14-15

My words were more simply stated and to the point.  


He said, 'Then why did daddy die?"

*WHY*.......

so many unknowns.
So many things we just do not understand.

So many times we just have to TRUST.

My words echoed the words my pastors gave me when my husband died,
"This WORD is TRUE.  We hold on to what we DO know.  and we TRUST Him with those things we just don't understand."

The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions. Deuteronomy 29:29

He sees things you don't see and knows things you couldn't possibly know.  He can see the beginning AND the end and is present in all the details in between.  Can we not just TRUST Him even when we don't understand?  That He has our VERY best interest at the CENTER of His heart and ALL that He has planned for us?
Sometimes it will require obedience without reason.  Just obey.

Sometimes it will require doing the HARD thing when we see an easier way.
So do the hard ting.
Sometimes it will require doing life in a way we did not sign up for.  


You would do it well to do it God's way.
and leave those thing we don't understand to Him.  If He needs us to know His thoughts....He is so loving and gracious enough to reveal those things to us.  And if there's a reason He withholds understanding from us....it's with purpose and for a reason.  Through it all we are growing in faith and resolve to TRUST Him in *ALL* things and *WITH* all things.  With every part of our lives....knowing He has a HOPE and FUTURE.  Plans to prosper us and *NOT* to harm us. Jeremiah 29:11

To refuse those things which we do not understand is to refuse HIM.
To push His hand away and say, "No THANK you." ....without ever understanding His heart or His ways.



Can you TRUST a GOD who is *ALL* good in spite of what you see?  
There is SUCH GOODNESS up ahead for those who can answer a resounding *YES*!  

Comments

Popular Posts