A Constant in your EVER CHANGING WORLD

This morning as I was sitting in the quiet, reading my Bible, drinking my coffee and listening to soft worship music.....I found my mind drifting to how TRANSIENT my life has been these last few years.
Marked by SIGNIFICANT change.
I'm talking the kind of change that upsets everything you THOUGHT you knew and the world as YOU knew it to be. 
As I sat there contemplating how DIFFERENT everything is in this moment and feeling that some of it was quite unfair (and some of it quite necessary) I heard the Lord say to me (as if he were sitting on the couch across from me having a conversation with me this beautiful morning)
"I am GOD....and I do NOT change" (Malachi 3:6)
How Fatherly.......to remind me. 
In this world so unsettling, uncertain, inconsistent, marked with unexpected change.....there is a CONSTANT.  *HOLDING IT ALL TOGETHER* and EVERYthing finds PURPOSE in Him. (Colossians 1:15-20)   He is the same yesterday today and FOREVER.  What He spoke from the beginning of creation still holds True today.  And He's not about to change. 
If we are placing our trust in the ground beneath us---then surely our footing will be shaken.  There is nothing certain we can place our faith in but for the One who will never change. 
Can I trust a God who isn't OBLIGATED to explain His actions to me? 
He's PROVEN to me He can be trusted. 
He is CONSTANT. 
His love is just as SURE as the foundations of the Earth.  He had a plan from the beginning and He FULLY intends on seeing through to completion and PERFECTING all that concerns you. 
The key to moving with God?  Reaching forward. 
He is constantly doing a NEW thing and bringing about change so everything can come together according to His GLORIOUS design!

Comments

Popular Posts