Half-hearted Offerings

And God looked on all He had made and said, "It is GOOD."

Can it be said of YOU at the end of a long day.....that everything you put your hands to was done WELL?
That you gave it your BEST effort and every task, every act of service, every act of love was done with excellence?

I was painting today and feeling frustrated and tired ..... I finished with a few half hearted swipes of the paint brush and mumbled....."good ENOUGH."
Isn't it like Him to remind me of His words in THAT moment?

I want to lay my head on my pillow at night with a contended sigh of relief knowing that I gave it my BEST and did it with EXCELLENCE.  And if what is on my plate is overwhelming then I need to take smaller servings ;)  
Figure out what my best YES is.....and tackle THAT with excellence and let what cannot be done with excellence WAIT.....

I tend to overwhelm myself with my own list of things that need to be accomplished and for the sake of crossing it off my ever-growing list want it to be DONE and over with so I can move on to the next thing.  If I could just take a step back and BREATHE and one-day-at-a-time allow myself the opportunity to not necessarily cross things off my list but to do just ONE thing with EXCELLENCE. He wants our best....not our "good enough"  

#itisGOOD #lovewell #excellence 

Comments

Popular Posts