Make it BETTER {HERE}

What do you do when you're waiting!?!?!?! 
       you PAINT!


  and {MAKE IT BETTER} where you ARE :):):):):):)
That is --- if what you're waiting on is for your house to sell.
Painting my house one. room. at. a. time.
Y'all just don't know how good it feels to step back and see a finished room.
Years of LIVING inside these walls.....slowly, over time, butter yellow turned to gray. Smoke from the fireplace settled in spots on my high walls. Dirt. Fingerprints. Dents and even craters from careless kiddos. ---- now a blank canvas of a subtle yellow again. 
It's a breath of fresh air and makes me smile.
Granted I'm doing this for the next person who moves in and calls this place home.....and I hesitated and put it off for as long as I could.

I didn't WANT to paint.
When I felt it was time to move I wanted to pack it up and leave .... {YESTERDAY}.

Leave the broken things...the things that needed attention for the next person.
I was ready.....I had my bags packed and on the front stoop.  
Truthfully, I thought it would have happened by now. 
But when I made the decision to take a step back and do some home improvements my initial intention was only to make it more appealing for a fast sale. 

So I could "get this over with" and "move on" so to speak.
I admit I felt a little bitter about it all.
But believe it or not as I was painting and feeling discouraged, weary in the waiting and resenting the "process " I heard God speak to me in between brush strokes.
He is {HERE} and {HERE} is where He has me----for ..... {NOW}.

For such a time as {THIS}.
and until He moves me {THERE} if I am to be fully present {HERE} then I will continue to {make it better} till He moves me on.
As if..........I were staying {HERE}.
Not to negate our hopes and dreams.....but how many times do we neglect TODAY waiting on TOMORROW?
How many times do we neglect the responsibilities of today KNOWING tomorrow will bring something NEW.  Something different.  How often do we hang on to a promise so tightly that we pack our bags, sit on the front stoop and WAIT.....missing out on what He has for us to do TODAY?


He who is faithful with the things in his possession TODAY....
Every morning you wake with the same things in your possession as you had yesterday.
Those things....if tended to and cared for.....have the potential to be GREATER.
Funny thing though.....while {making it better} for someone else.....I'm finding a greater peace {HERE}.  He is speaking so many things to me {HERE}.  I am growing {HERE}.  I am learning {HERE} and He is blessing me........{HERE}.  There is a process in the waiting.  He is at work in the waiting and there is PURPOSE to the waiting.

Let's not neglect TODAY while waiting for tomorrow.
Let's not push aside our responsibilities and callings for today pining away for something MORE.  THIS may not be what was promised to you....but I can assure you He is {HERE} and where He IS is a blessed blessed place.  And He has things stored up for you {HERE}
Make TODAY better---make it beautiful HERE. ENJOYING where you ARE on the way to where you are going --- tomorrow will be here soon enough.  
 

BLESSED IS SHE WHO BELIEVED

  ......that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her.  Luke 1:45 
 

Comments

Popular Posts