The Nightwatchman

He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.  Psalm 121:4

My son (who sleeps downstairs) shared with me how when he is lying in his bed at night he listens for me.  He listens for my feet.  He listens for the sound of water running when I am in the shower.  He listens for the sound of my washing the dinner dishes.  He listens for the sound of my voice talking to my husband.  He listens to the sounds of the music I'm playing or the sound of the television.  He listens to the washing machine when I'm doing the laundry and the sounds of the dishwasher.  He listens for my footsteps as I walk across the floor......doing all that I do when all of the children have gone to bed.

As they sleep............I am still moving.  Still working.

And he is listening.  Just to be sure of me.

He says to me...................."I listen for your feet......... and I don't have to be afraid".......                                                                  
"I hear you and I know you're there."

He who keeps Israel......................neither slumbers nor sleeps.
Always moving.
Listen for Him.  If you look closely.....listen carefully........you will hear Him.
He.  Is.  There.  Still.
Seeing to every last detail.
Working on your behalf.
You can take a deep breathe and sleep in Peace.
He's got it all under control.
Even in the night hours.
..............And all is well.

Comments

Popular Posts