When You Don't Understand What He is Doing

Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.”  John 13:7
You do not understand NOW........
Oh how we struggle with this one.
We feel restless.
We want answers and we want them NOW.


Here's what we forget....
GOD can not, WILL not, be hurried.
There is a process.
An unfolding.
There is a purpose to the waiting.

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and  incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
1 Corinthians 13:12

You don't NEED the whole map.
He's not going to give you a presentation of what's to come and why.
He has given you TODAY. THIS MOMENT HERE.
You handle what He's given you today and He will handle those things which are beyond your reach.
If you'll be obedient with what's in front of you TODAY......
HE will make sure He gets you to where He needs you to be.....one step at a time.


Can you trust a God who isn't OBLIGATED to explain His actions to you?
The comfort lies in this TRUTH.
He is GOOD. 

And every action, every purpose of His heart, every intention is laced with GOOD and to bring about His PERFECT will for your life. 

It's in that moment....the moments of questions, the moments of doubt, the moments of uncertainty that He asks you, "Can you TRUST me?"  

Can I TRUST Him, NOT knowing.  Can I trust Him without requiring explanations and details.  Can I TRUST Him and trust His heart for me is GOOD.  Can I trust that He will lead me into every good thing He prepared for me long ago? 

Friend, His heart for you is only GOOD.  You may not understand what He is doing NOW but one day you will if you'll just hang on and allow Him to work it all out for YOUR GOOD and to His GLORY.
 

Comments

Popular Posts