We Don't Grieve as Those who Have No Hope

 Those things that are happening to you in THIS moment *HERE* are preparing you for promises and the GOOD things He's got stored up for you for tomorrow.  

It's hard to imagine the JOYS that are set before you, especially in the face of grieving.  Or in the middle of your struggle.  Or in the midst of suffering.  


Hebrews 12:2 says that for the JOY set before Jesus, He ENDURED.
But OH! how we place so much weight on the endurance part.  

If we could just .....SURVIVE.....
We place so much weight on the pain.
How much MORE could it possibly hurt?
How much MORE could I possibly endure?

But if we could only understand that there IS a joy that lies before us----THROUGH this.  In the middle of this.
On the other side of this.
That *THIS* isn't all there IS......

Romans 8:28 says this:  We are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God's perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we have been called to fulfill His designed purpose.

And yes....even through [this]....whatever it is you're going through NOW is preparation for tomorrow.

See the HOPE in THAT promise?!

How can we despair when we know there is GOOD that waits on the other side of this momentary struggle here?

1 Thessalonians 4:13 says that we as children of the MOST HIGH GOD don't grieve as those who have no hope.  

It doesn't say we don't grieve.  And we KNOW that in this world we will have trouble.  (John 16:33) but in our grief, in our struggles, in our heartache, there is a HOPE.  There is a JOY before us.  A PROMISE- that God is working, rearranging things....bringing about a GOOD thing.  In spite of what you see here NOW.  

What's more than all of this, what's more than the promises that wait for you in your TOMORROW....
 is this:

the LORD, *YOUR* God, in the middle of your struggle, *TODAY*..... is MIGHTY.  
Saving you and bringing you VICTORY.  Even TODAY.  Zephaniah 3:17.  

 KNOWING that He is there....CLOSE to all whose hearts are crushed by pain. Psalm 34:18
Seeing HIS face at midnight.  When the grief is so consuming.
KNOWING that He is GOOD.  Even when we don't understand.
KNOWING He has a plan.  Even when our future seems so uncertain. 

I can truly tell you that you can find JOY in the midst of your mourning. 
You can find miracles while you're waiting for THE miracle you are longing for. 
You can find PROMISES while you're waiting on THE PROMISE. 

And you will find He's been there all along.  Behind you.  Beside you.  Ahead of you.

Can you TRUST Him?
You may not understand now.  But one day you will.  You will look behind you and see how this moment here was strengthening your resolve.  Increasing your faith.  Refining you as GOLD in the fire.  Teaching you His heart.  His character.  His Truth.
I've learned more about the heart of God in the midst of my greatest heartache than I ever did before.
I've seen His strong hand steady me when my own strength failed me.

He is faithful...and I'm convinced He is nearer to you now in this hard place than He ever was before.  It's okay to collapse into His strong arms and let Him carry you.  It's okay to weep and admit that you just don't have any answers.  But just remember.....we don't grieve like those who don't have any HOPE.

We DO have HOPE and we CAN endure because we know He is working it all together to be a GOOD THING.  

I know you have questions.
I know it hurts.
Believe me I know. 
I also know how He has grabbed my face.....looked at me with His own grieving heart....knowing He was grieving with me....and asking me....."Do you TRUST me?"  

You can surrender this moment to Him knowing He is preparing you for great and precious promises.  




Comments

Popular Posts